SPECIALLY PROTECTED NATURAL AREAS
LLC RN-Komsomolsk Refinery carries out production activities within the boundaries of specially protected natural areas solely in connection with the need to fulfill the requirements of license agreements for the right to use subsoil areas.
To implement the basic principles in the field of ethnos conservation, the Company ensures the achievement of the following goals and the solution of the following tasks :
- minimizing the number and area of industrial sites and linear objects by applying the best technologies for the exploration, production and transportation of oil and gas;
- minimizing the negative impact on the environment by reducing the number of emissions, discharges, and waste, fully preventing any anthropogenic impact outside the territories set aside for industrial facilities;
- exclusion of location and movement of equipment and personnel outside industrial sites and facilities intended for these purposes without the appropriate permits;
- organization of fieldwork on the inspection of the territory of the proposed location of industrial sites for the presence of ethnoarchaeological and ethnographic objects, in case of their presence – transfer of production facilities outside these zones as far as technological possibilities are possible ;
- conducting detailed field studies of the area of the proposed location of industrial sites and taking into account the characteristics of ecosystems at the design stage to ensure the subsequent restoration of the natural functions of ecosystems, including resource capabilities that contribute to the preservation of traditional lifestyles and crafts of the SIM
- control over compliance with the rules of conduct for personnel working within the protected areas.
Carrying out activities in the places of residence of the indigenous minorities of the North, in order to preserve ethnic groups and their culture, the Company shall be guided by the following principles:
- understanding and respect for the traditions, customs, rituals, which are an integral part of the culture of indigenous people;
- taking into account the experience of partnership and the continuous improvement of the system of relations with representatives of small indigenous peoples of the North;
- immediate notification of the department for work with the indigenous population of the land use management, environmental safety and environmental management department of LLC RN-Komsomolsk Refinery in the event of mutual misunderstanding, the threat of conflict or violation of established requirements ;
- ensuring the resolution of conflicts and misunderstandings by discussion and negotiation;
- the inadmissibility of conflicts between LLC RN-Komsomolsk Refinery workers and indigenous people ;
- ensuring non-interference in the private life of representatives of the indigenous peoples of the North;
- adherence to environmental standards and requirements.